All Restaurants have and need a Grease Trap.
Wastewater flowing from restaurants or other types of commercial facilities that produce fats, oils, and grease are required to have a grease trap or multiple grease traps in line to the sewer system. The design of a grease trap intercepts the flow of FOG (Fats, Oils, and Grease) to the wastewater treatment plants. The goal is to prevent these products from entering the waste streams. A grease trap is 70-90% effective in capturing the FOG (Fats, Oils, and Grease).
We Do Jobs Others Can’t 407-598-6206
Grease traps are required to be pumped and cleaned at least every three months.
These grease traps/interceptors are usually about 1,200 gallons in size and made of concrete or plastic. Some grease traps can be as large as 3,200 gallons. A grease trap is installed underground, just outside the commercial facility using them. Sometimes there is a series of 2 or 3 tanks, depending on the facility requirements. However, grease traps are always full, except after pumping has occurred. As the wastewater flows through the grease trap it impacts against an inlet tee designed to decrease stirring up the wastes in the tank. Then, as the wastewater flows in, an equal amount flows out of the other side through the outlet and on through the sewer system. In between this area is a baffle in the tank which keeps most of the solids and floating scum on the inlet side of the tank.
- Grease Trap cleaning – Complete removal of all wastes in the tank, solids and liquids
- Environmentally-friendly Disposal – We dispose of all your waste at approved reclamation/recycling centers around Central FL according to Florida Department of Environmental Protection standards
- Pressure Washing Inside of Tank – All our trucks have high pressure jetters designed to remove FOG (Fats, Oils and Grease) from tank walls, this is done at every service.
- Jetting Grease Trap Inlets and Outlets – As an additional contracted service we can clean the sewer lines leading to and from the grease traps to prevent or unclog the lines from restricted flow.
- Grease Trap Repairs – From collapsed baffles to broken inlets or outlets to replacing deflection devises, we have you covered with our expert team of technicians.
- Grease Trap Replacement/Installations – Need a new grease trap? Or an old/damaged one replaced? Lapin Services has experience replacing/installing over a thousand grease traps in Central Florida. Either under-the-sink or in the ground, any size.
- Complete Compliance Reporting – We handle all of your compliance requirements regarding Hauler Manifests for Grease Trap Maintenance for your city and county.