Lapin Services wants you to know how we use and protect the important information you provide to us. This information summarizes our policy, procedures and practices.
- Unless you tell us otherwise, when you provide your information we assume you are agreeing to allow us to use and disclose it as allowed by law in furtherance of our mission.
- We will use —and require our data management vendors to use—reasonable and appropriate security practices to safeguard your information.
- If you change your mind about allowing us to use your information or have questions about our privacy practices, please use the contact options on our Contact Us page to let us know.
Information We Collect
“Personal Information” means information that we can use to identify or contact you. We may collect Personal Information in the following ways:
- When you visit or use our online donation and sales systems, whether web-based or mobile, we may collect your name, email address, mailing address, and telephone number(s);
- We may capture the IP address and ID of the device you use to connect to the online service, the type of operating system and browser you use, and information about the site you came from, the parts of our online service you access, the type of mobile device you use and the site you visit next (see also the Cookies, Tags & Remarketing Pixels information at right);
- When you register for or use certain interactive tools and services, mobile Apps, or tools inside mobile Apps;
- When you sign-up for newsletters or other communications from us;
- When you participate in an online survey; or
- When you provide personal information in a community area or other public forum.
Information from Other Sources
We may also collect information about you from additional online and offline sources including from social media activities, other nonprofits, and commercially available third-party sources. We may combine this information with the personal and other information we have collected about you.
How We Use Information We Collect
We use the information discussed above in a number of ways, such as:
- Purchase transactions;
- Preventing fraud and enhancing the security of our online services;
- Responding to your requests and communicating with you;
- Managing your preferences;
- Performing analytics concerning your use of our online services, including your responses to our emails and the pages and advertisements you view;
- Providing you tailored content and marketing messages;
- Operating, evaluating and improving our programs (including developing new programs and services; improving existing programs and services; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- Complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies; and
- For any other purposes that we may specifically disclose at the time you provide or we collect your information.
We may also use data that we collect on an aggregate or anonymous basis (meaning it does not identify any individuals) for various purposes, where permissible under applicable laws and regulations, to help deliver services, and content that are better tailored to the users of our services and for other purposes.
What We Disclose to Others
We may share the information we collect from and about you within our organization and with certain third parties. For example, we may share your information with:
- Credit card processing companies, to process your payments and donations;
- Other organizations we work with to provide services, research, products or programs;
- Other charities; and
Links to Third-Party Websites
Updating Your Information and Contacting Us
Keeping your information and preferences up-to-date is very important. You may review your information, request that we exclude your information from any donor list exchange activity, request that we stop using it, or update certain account information by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the Contact Us options on our site. Of course, we cannot track down “de-identified” information to change it or undo any prior use of data we already used with your actual or implied consent.
Changes to This Privacy Statement